- 1 pound (16 ounces) homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (cut from 2 medium ears of corn), divided
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + more for brushing pan and crust
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small white onion, sliced and rings separated
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes or 2 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn or cut chiffonade-style
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush a large cookie sheet lightly with olive oil or prepare a pizza stone. Roll or pull the dough into an approximately 14-inch diameter circle. Brush entire crust with olive oil.
- Place 1 cup corn, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, coconut milk, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in the pitcher of a blender or in a food processor fitted with the S-blade. Blend until nearly smooth but with a bit of remaining texture from the corn.
- Pour sauce on pizza dough and spread in an even layer, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Layer on the onions, then the tomatoes, and then sprinkle on the remaining corn. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the toppings are bubbly, 8-12 minutes. Remove from oven and top with basil and a couple of pinches of kosher salt, if desired. Slice and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Kitchen Treaty